Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday in Jinja

Sunday June 8th
Today was day two! The breakfast here is amazing and feels a lot like home (avocado toast, eggs, and incredibly amazing coffee). Then we took the most beautiful drive to Jinja. Jinja’s a little town about an hour away from Kampala, and just the drive there was half the experience. I’ve never seen so much green in my life. There’s like fields and fields of green it was a pretty surreal sight to see. We got to Jinja, and went shopping for ourselves and family in the little shops there. The paintings they were selling were to me the coolest thing to look at and a lot of us bought them. We got lunch at this little cafe called the source with huge lattes and really good fries! Every time I took out my Polaroid, the locals were so amazed by what it was and how it worked and I thought that was so cute so I took a selfie with one of them and gave him it. I wish I got his name. The drive back was probably the most fun. Even thought mr grey wanted to kill us for being so obnoxious and loud, we played every possible theme song from old disney channel and Nickelodeon on the speaker and sang along and reminisced about all the shows we used to watch. It was also pouring rain, and the bus was leaking all over me. The conversations so far have been my most favorite part about the team on this trip. I’ve learned so much about my teammates, from Kate’s never ending “talents” to how bad the boys are at African dancing, it’s pretty entertaining. Can’t wait for church tomorrow and the basketball game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment