Sunday, June 9, 2019

Church Day

Audrey- Today was Sunday so we started out our day at church. We got all cleaned up and went. When we arrived, we were greeted by these 3 older women that were so cute. We shook their hands and walked in. The church building was just a wall of bricks and some wood planks holding up a metal roof. It amazed me how grateful they were for such a little space. Plaster Troy spoke and said something that was so impactful to me he said, “The church isn’t about the building, it’s about the people.” I just loved hearing that and feeling the joy of each and every person around me. We started doing worship and this little girl named Nicole comes over to me and grabs my hand, we dance and sing the songs and I was so in love. Nicole then pulled me to the front of the room with some other kids and we all danced and sang at the top of our lungs. It melted my heart to just see all the kids be so happy in such a small place they could come together and worship. After church we drove to the boys basketball game in the pouring rain and brought the nest with us. We then came back to the hotel and ate some dinner and I choked on a watermelon:) overall today was so fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment