Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Last Day In Fiji

So today was our last day in Fiji, but yesterday was the last time we went to our missions sites. I worked for the past week and a half at the Mount Zion preschool which was so cool. The kids were suuuuper adorable and I'm gonna miss them all. One of my favorite kids turned out to be the trouble maker-his name is Joseph. One morning we were building blocks to make a tower as tall as me. We got the tower as tall as three feet, and Joseph came and kicked it down. So the kids started to rebuild it. We got it as high as five feet. Joseph came in and knocked it down again. Once more the kids rebuilt the tower so it was as tall as me. Again Joseph knocked it down. It hit me hard that these kids never gave up no matter how many times they were knocked down. Finally I convinced Joseph that it would be more fun to build the tower with us as a team. We got the tower about six feet high and the kids, including Joseph were screaming with excitement. That's one of my favorite parts of this trip. 

-Savannah Reed-Plouffe

(I would have added a photo but my camera drowned while snorkeling)

No comments:

Post a Comment