Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fiji: Day 3



Bright and early our clocks rang, declaring the beginning of a new day in Fiji. Starting the second day at our sites, everyone was curious to see what was to come! I remained open-minded to all events of the day as I traveled again to the local preschool. Being the first to stroll into a classroom of 40 plus  2-5 year olds, a smile was impossible to hide. Being in the presence of such genuine joy coming from the children, created an environment of excitement and livelihood. Quickly I realized my relaxed nature was soon to be disturbed. After a few hours of attempting to teach my group of 4 year olds colors, I felt a connection with a few as they began to grasp the concepts. After only 2 days, such progress surprised me. As we all made our way back to the house, we shared our stories regarding our favorite parts of the day. Finishing off a spectacular day we walked down to the coast. As we sat and watched Gods mural of the sky at sunset, I felt God's presence with our group. We have enjoyed each others company as we have worked together to share our love with the Fijians; I am so excited for all that is to come! 




Sunset tonight


Teaching in classrooms 
Colors and shapes


Avery with our chef for the week. 


Preschoolers on their second day of learning 

Little 4 year old at break 

Sophia playing with Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment