Monday, February 12, 2018

Day of Teaching

This morning was our first day of teaching and as nervous as I was coming into it, it was INCREDIBLE! I taught upper school with Deine and taught my Creative writing lesson.  I genuinely have not felt so much joy than I have today. Interacting with the upper school boys and girls and getting to know their joyful personalities only made my passion for teaching deeper.  After lunch, we stayed at Grace Home to play with all the kids. We played volleyball with the older boys, colored with the littles, and made beautiful bracelets with the girls.  A couple of the girls even braided our hair with beautiful, fun hair styles! After dancing and playing all sorts of games for hours, we sadly had to depart. We went out for dinner for Indian food and it was some of the BEST food I have ever had. However, the food never stopped coming... and no was never an answer to more food.  

1 comment: